Reaching out and touching hearts
Connecting people in need with those who love them
As the name suggests, NightShift Street Ministries serves on the street in the evenings. But what starts with a hearty meal and a casual conversation can lead to so much more. NightShift is more than soup!
Evening Outreach Services – Surrey
You’ll find us at 7 pm every night of the year at our location on 10635 King George Boulevard making just those connections. Currently (during COVID-19) we hand out meals and clothes from the side of our building on 10635 King George Boulevard in Surrey. Normally we serve in the parking lot next to our building, where our mobile kitchen provides a nightly hot meal and from our clothing van we hand out a change of clothes – anything from underwear to a pair of jeans or a warm coat in winter – and care packages as available.
Mobile Outreach – Langley
On four nights a week, our volunteer teams provide outreach services at two Langley locations. At 7 pm on the following nights/locations, we provide a meal service from our Taste of Heaven food truck and distribute clothing and care packages if available:
- Mon / Wed / Thu – 5708 Glover Road (at Friends Langley Vineyard Church)
- Tue – 6722 Glover Road (at Canada’s Best Value Inn) in Langley
Bringing services to the street
In addition to our daily meal and clothing outreach, there’s a whole lot more going on!
The MOU is currently available from 7 pm on
- Monday nights in Langley (5708 Glover Road), and
- Friday nights in Surrey (10635 King George Boulevard).
Other services are limited during COVID-19 but we hope to bring them back soon!
- Heart to Heart: Alongside our regular Monday night dinner outreach, long-time friend, local worship singer/songwriter, Andy Park, leads our Heart to Heart sessions. Tables and chairs are set up outside to provide a safe and welcoming place to eat together, share stories and have conversations, enjoy the live worship music from Andy and his team.
- Calling women in from the cold: We operate Extreme Weather Response (EWR) services in the winter months, November to March. Frigid temperatures below -4C° mean we open up our facilities and bring up to 15 women off the streets for the night, to offer them a safe and warm alternative to roughing it out in the cold. Find out more about our Selah Overnight Women’s Shelter or call our shelter number after hours on 778.896.9615.
We are people caring for people
NightShift relies on volunteer connectors to provide the many outreach services, counselling opportunities and education programs that we have developed for a holistic approach to alleviate suffering and despair. Let’s find hope and a renewed sense of purpose for all people together.