Career and Volunteer Opportunities
Interested in learning how non-profits work?
Giving back to your community is important to you?
Looking for work experience in accounting, admin or the food truck industry?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, NightShift might be your summer destination.
Made possible by the Canada Summer Jobs program, our internship program runs for eight weeks. If you are aged 15-30 – whether you are a student or not – we have four internships available:
- Food Truck / Warehouse Assistant – “Taste of Heaven” is our food truck social enterprise. Will you help to serve up delicious gourmet sausages at festivals, farmers’ markets and community events? You must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings. When events are not scheduled you will assist in our NightShift warehouse.
- Outreach Assistant – Combining organization skills with a love of supporting people, this position will be key in supporting our outreach initiatives, including a resource centre, case management initiatives and life skills training. You’ll also be involved with data entry, research and supporting our reception team, and you may be called on to work an occasional evening or weekend.
- Receptionist – If you are organized, have good communication skills, and are interested in performing general office duties, we’d like to meet you!
- Admin Assistant – In this position, you will support our busy team coordinate events, provide data entry, filing and more. Working some evenings and Saturdays will be required.
If you think one of these positions is a fit for you, please send your resume along with a cover letter stating where you attend school, what you’re studying, and why you think you’d like to work with us, to Marty Jones.
Heart to Heart outreach volunteers – Monday evenings
We want to build a team of Heart to Heart volunteers who will help set up and take down tables and chairs, and most importantly, share friendly conversations and encouragement with our friends from the street. This is love in action! If you are a badged volunteer at NightShift and interested in joining the amazing Heart to Heart team on Monday nights, please email us now!
CLOSED – Office Assistant (full time)
NightShift Street Ministries is a grassroots, faith-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people living on the street, or struggling with poverty, mental illness or addictions. It’s our mission to love these friends unconditionally and help them find love, hope and purpose. Our team adheres to the values of integrity, humility, perseverance and unity.
We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual with plenty of compassion to join our small team and to be the welcoming face of NightShift for all visitors – in person and on the phone – to our office. In addition to managing all reception duties, you will be supporting our Volunteer Services team with administrative tasks. How do you feel about “wearing many hats” simultaneously?
Contact us if you:
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are a team player who thrives on supporting others while thinking ahead;
- have clerical training and reception experience, ideally in a not-for-profit or charity environment;
- are highly organized and your attention to detail is second to none;
- enjoy managing data and have experience using a CRM to routinely complete tasks;
- can work independently in a busy team environment to manage frequent interruptions that require a constant reprioritization of responsibilities to meet multiple demands.
The successful candidate for this position supports NightShift’s foundational Christian values and will be willing to sign a Lifestyle Agreement and Statement of Faith. Please send us a copy of your resume and cover letter by April 24 (Reference OA-1).