Career and Volunteer Opportunities
Office Assistant (full time) – POSITION FILLED –
NightShift Street Ministries is a grassroots, faith-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping people living on the street, or struggling with poverty, mental illness or addictions. It’s our mission to love these friends unconditionally and help them find love, hope and purpose. Our team adheres to the values of integrity, humility, perseverance and unity.
We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual with plenty of compassion to join our small team and to be the welcoming face of NightShift for all visitors – in person and on the phone – to our office. In addition to managing all reception duties, you will be supporting our Volunteer Services team with administrative tasks. How do you feel about “wearing many hats” simultaneously?
Contact us if you:
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and are a team player who thrives on supporting others while thinking ahead;
- have clerical training and reception experience, ideally in a not-for-profit or charity environment;
- are highly organized and your attention to detail is second to none;
- enjoy managing data and have experience using a CRM to routinely complete tasks;
- can work independently in a busy team environment to manage frequent interruptions that require a constant reprioritization of responsibilities to meet multiple demands.
The successful candidate for this position supports NightShift’s foundational Christian values and will be willing to sign a Lifestyle Agreement and Statement of Faith.
Heart to Heart outreach volunteers – Monday evenings
We want to build a team of Heart to Heart volunteers who will help set up and take down tables and chairs, and most importantly, share friendly conversations and encouragement with our friends from the street. This is love in action! If you are a badged volunteer at NightShift and interested in joining the amazing Heart to Heart team on Monday nights, please email us now!