Posted on June 3, 2015
NightShift seeks an experienced Executive Assistant to support the President.
NightShift Street Ministries is a not-for-profit, multi-denominational Christian organization that has been working with poor, vulnerable and under-resourced men and women since 2004 in the Surrey area. The ministry’s focus is on building relationships, helping people find hope and purpose and reaching out through unconditional love to those in need with nightly street outreach (mobile kitchen, clothing van and Care Bus), daytime programs including counselling from The Care Centre and social enterprises, such as Sisters Thrift Boutique. The NightShift administration offices, outreach training and warehouse facilities are located at 10635 King George Boulevard in Surrey, British Columbia. Position Description: NightShift is searching for an Executive Assistant who will directly support the organization’s President. Candidates must have strong time management skills, a polished and professional demeanour, and superb organizational and communication skills. Duties will include management and maintenance of the president’s schedule, communicating with donors, volunteers, board members and outside community contacts verbally and in writing, maintaining filing systems and coordinating meetings. The Executive Assistant will also assist the President in research for special projects and preparation of reports, speeches and presentations. Experience working as an executive assistant is highly desired, experience in a not-for-profit environment is a bonus. Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in an executive assistant role.
- Highly skilled in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanour and polished appearance on a daily basis.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Contact us: To apply for this position please send a letter of interest and your resume to Carmen, quoting NSP. Closing date: 15th June 2015.